Friday, October 21, 2016

Week 3 EOC: Best Restaurant Experience

The best restaurant experience that I have ever had is from a restaurant in Chicago, IL called Heaven on Seven. "Jimmy's goal was then and is now for "Heaven on Seven" to be the best Louisiana style restaurant outside of New Orleans."(http://www.heavenonseven.com). I believe he has achieved that goal, but I couldn't say for sure as I have never actually been to New Orleans. But the three times that I have been able to go here, I have been extremely impressed with the food. 

There isn't one specific time that stands above the rest, as each had their own merits to why I liked them. The first time I went there it was the first time I had something other than ramen"The most problematic nutrient is sodium. This noodle product has 1170mg of sodium, over 50% of the recommended daily allowance. Yikes." (fooducate.com) or Mcdonalds in almost nine months and the food lived up to the restaurants name. The second time was for my graduation dinner and was shared with my family, a friend of mine and his family. The atmosphere that the restaurant had with all the different decorations and hot sauce bottles helped to smooth over what had the potential to be a very awkward dinner. 

Sadly though the third experience was when I was moving to South Carolina and I wanted to meet up with some friends on the way through Chicago. I found out they had closed the location I had enjoyed going to, but they still had two others. The second location didn't have the same open feeling but still had all the charm. "The right color goes a long way toward setting the desired mood, whether it's bright white walls and green accents that represent nature for a vegetarian restaurant or rich wood tones and warm paint colors for a British-style pub."(chefs.edu). The shift in location though had no effect on the other factors of the restaurant, the food and staff were amazing. So though it wasn't just one time each was amazing in their own right.   


Work Cited: 
http://www.heavenonseven.com/
http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=post&id=57A352B3-20A1-076D-4F78-85661772C8BA
http://www.chefs.edu/culinary-central/14/10/five-tips-for-creating-a-great-atmosphere-in-a-restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment